|Quick Pickled Cubanelle Peppers|
|Written by Jess Gorski|
I found this recipe on a blog. It does sound very simple. I would heat my water on the stove top, personal preference, but the rest sounds great. I am going to try this for other veggies as well. I love the flavor that pickling adds to dishes.
4 large Cubanelle Peppers (washed)
2 cups distilled white vinegar
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 c. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1. Microwave the water in a large bowl, until close to a boil (approx. 6-7 minutes, but time will vary) `
2. While the water is heating, slice the peppers into1/4 inch rings.
3. Place the peppers and garlic in a container which has a lid.
4. Add the salt and vinegar to the hot water, stir to dissolve the salt.
5. Pour over the peppers. Allow to cool, then cover.
6. Try after 2 hours, allow to set up to 4 hours at most. Remove from brine.
7. The pickled Cubanelles can go directly into a recipe, or can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.